For the benefit of all home owners, the Meadowood HOA has adopted the following rule: "Any homeowner using a trash service must use only the HOA-contracted Trash/Recycle provider."
Meadowood's current approved provider is Mountain Waste.
They can be reached at 970-963-3435 - select "option 2".
Identify yourself as a "Meadowood Resident" and supply your address, billing information and service desired. You will be billed individually for the service you contract with them on. Please click on this link
to view the detail on their services/recycling and costs.
Trash Pick-Up is normally Friday morning between 8:00 AM and 11:00 AM. If the following holidays fall on a weekday, trash pick-up will be on Saturday: New Years Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas.
This rule will be enforced pursuant to the Policy on Covenant and Rule enforcement.
- Meadowood uses a single company, Mountain Waste for home trash and recycled items.
a. One trash service saves each homeowner money, since we get a group discount.
b. Prolongs the life of our roads, helping to postpone other costly and disturbing road resurfacing projects
c. Reduces neighborhood truck noise and pollution
- Approved bear-proof trash containers MUST be used and are to be placed roadside ONLY on the morning of pick- up (presently Fridays), and NOT the night before, and returned to the house by that same evening, in compliance with Pitkin County ordinances.
- All trash and recycle items are picked up on the same day-Friday (Saturday during a Holiday week: New Years Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas. Weekend holidays do not apply.)
- Any homeowner using a trash service must use only the HOA-contracted Trash/Recycle provider.
- Single Stream Recycling (you MAY comingle all of these) includes: all plastics 1 - 6, (must be rinsed and lids and pump dispensers removed); glass bottles, jars, aluminum cans, tin, steel cans; milk/juice cartons, (rinsed and lids off); cardboard must be flattened as well as cereal, soda, and boxed beer cartons; newspaper, office paper, junk mail, magazines. DO NOT INCLUDE: Plastic bags of any kind, Styrofoam, bubble wrap, paper towels, cups, plates, ceramic dishware, glassware, or pizza boxes.
- Our designated trash service will bill homeowners for the service you choose to contract with them for. Please review their pricing and service outline.
- COMMERCIAL COMPOSTING is allowed and available currently only through Evergreen Events: 970 987-3140. They take anything that was ever alive – all paper (remove plastic from windowed envelopes), Kleenex type tissues, cereal and cardboard boxes (remove packing tape), newspapers, magazines (staples ok), most paper cups, yard debris, cuttings, etc, animal poop and more.